Sharing Minecraft Servers on Mac: A Quick Guide
Sep. 1, 2023
Minecraft, the beloved sandbox game, becomes even more enjoyable when you can share your gameplay experience with friends. If you're a Mac user and want to know how to share Minecraft servers effectively, you're in the right place. In this quick guide, we'll walk you through the simple steps to set up and share Minecraft servers on your Mac.
**1. Install Minecraft Server Software:
- To begin, download the Minecraft server software from the official website or a trusted source.
- After downloading, open the server software. It's a Java application, so make sure you have Java installed on your Mac.
**2. Configure Server Settings:
- Customize your server settings to your liking. You can set parameters such as the server name, game mode, difficulty level, and more.
- Save your configuration once you're satisfied.
**3. Port Forwarding:
- To allow your friends to connect to your server, you'll need to set up port forwarding on your router.
- Access your router settings by typing your router's IP address into your web browser. Usually, it's something like "192.168.1.1."
- Find the port forwarding section and forward the default Minecraft server port (25565) to your Mac's local IP address.
**4. Share Your IP Address:
- Determine your public IP address, which you can find by searching "What is my IP" on Google.
- Share this IP address with your friends. They can use it to connect to your Minecraft server.
**5. Whitelist or Invite Your Friends:
- To ensure only your friends can join your server, consider setting up a whitelist.
- Add your friends' Minecraft usernames to the whitelist file to restrict access to invited players only.
**6. Start Your Server:
- Launch your Minecraft server by running the server software you previously configured.
- You'll see the server console displaying various messages as it starts up.
**7. Join the Server:
- On your Mac, open Minecraft and select "Multiplayer."
- Click "Add Server" and enter your server's name and IP address.
- Now, click "Join Server" to enter your world.
**8. Invite Friends to Play:
- Your friends can join your server by adding it to their Minecraft multiplayer server list using your public IP address.
- Make sure they use the correct port (default is 25565).
That's it! You've successfully set up and shared a Minecraft server on your Mac. Now you and your friends can embark on adventures, build, and explore together in the blocky world of Minecraft. Enjoy your gaming experience!